Bangkok Pattaya Times is the #1 website for the best of Thailand and the AEC
Operated by the Aladdin Group
Homefacebook RSS

Education Visa the Perfect Way to Long Stay

Siripun Sinbuathong 31.08.2010 15:14

If you are under 50 years of age, not married to a Thai national and financially independant there are few options if you want to live in Thailand.If you are over 50 you can easily qualify for a retirement visa providing you have 800,000 baht in the bank, however you must be at least 50 years old. If you are under 50 and don't want to work or run a company or constantly have to do visa runs then an education visa may be the solution for you if you want to reside here long term.

This is the method of long stay actually recommended and endorsed by the Thai government. The requirements are very easy and you only have to attend school for four hours a week, usually two hours two times a week and if you want time off to visit your home country or take a holiday then this is not a problem either. You simply go to immigration and obtain a re-entry visa.

CTLS language school in Pattaya is regarded as Pattaya's leading language school. They offer 180 hours school for only 22,000 baht which is spread over a year.The only additional cost is reporting to immigration every 90 days where you have to pay 1,900 baht to Immigration. After factoring in the money saved from not having to leave the country to do visa runs this way works out to be a very reasonable way of staying in Thailand long term. On top of the money saved there is the added benefit of being able to speak, read and write Thai and all the advantages this brings to daily life in Thailand.

For more information on Education Visas and learning Thai call CTLS on 038 416 891.

Add your comment
  Anonymous comment
  Remember me on this computer

Send me by email any answer to my comment
Send me by email every new comment to this article

Copyright Pattaya Times Media Corporation, Co., Ltd. 2008-2012
Copyright  Aladdin Group 2013
All Rights Reserved
Copying, distributing, reprinting, republishing in electronic in any form any articles or photographs or contents of this information is strictly prohibited without prior written approval from the copyright owner.